**NOTE**for a closer look at ALL of these companies, go to my Instagram (@drkiacoaches) where I have short videos of each of them! ALSO DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE for the startup you like best! Voting closes Tuesday at 6pm. www.isteconference.org/pitchfest
Resources mentioned in this vlog:
- This is a not for profit organization that pairs classroom teachers with business community members to serve as critical friends in the classroom. Business leaders are available to answer questions kids may have about careers and help to provide an authentic audience for end products kids create.
- This is a not for profit organization focused on supporting students SEL needs via text. Counselors proactively text students and support them as they cope with stress. All conversations are confidential.
- This is an app that allows ELL parents to support student learning by providing learning app recommendations for parents in their native language. Currently, the app only supports Spanish but more are being added!
- This is a platform that combines ELA instruction and music. Teachers enter a text or theme and the platform creates lesson plans using pop culture, video, and music along with texts to help students explore the theme or text in depth.
- This is a game that helps to make math instruction look and feel like a basketball game.
- This is a duo that uses COMIC BOOKS to teach kids about digital citizenships and SEL strategies. They are fun and in touch with what matters most to the kids in our classrooms. Go to the website and leave them your contact info and maybe they can come and visit your school!
- PearDeck is an interactive Powerpoint platform. This digital citizenship focus comes with lessons already built out and ready for classroom teachers to use! Go to the website and check it out for more info!